Ten finalists selected to compete for the title of Miss World T&T 2018, participated in another round of competition at the Gulf City Mall over the weekend.
Following the competition, Miss South Oropouche Britney Smith, Miss Chaguanas Aliyah Fraser and Miss St Anns Maya Cozier, emerged winners of the Top Model category.
Hundreds of supporters cheered on the girls as they modelled casual and evening wear. There was also a fun segment of male models as well as performances by the boy band Lujoe and the Gifted, led by Luke Samerson who did an outstanding portrayal of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
Over the past few weeks, the ten finalists have been participating in several segments of the competition. Once points are tallied, the top finalists will be competing at the TT Miss World Pageant to be held at National Academy of the Performing Arts on August 5.
Earlier in the week, the girls did an intensive training session in dining etiquette facilitated by Lisa Ghany.
The Miss World finalists are:
• Kirsty Roopnarine, Miss San Fernando, 24, attorney-at-Law.
• Ysabel Bisnath, Miss Port-of-Spain West, 25, attorney-at-Law.
• Britney Smith, Miss South Oropouche, 25, teacher.
• Dennisha Lewis, Miss Point Fortin, 24, employee of the Ministry of Works and Transport
• Tishanna Mitchell, Miss St Augustine, 24, pursuing MSc in Psychology
• Jessica James, Miss Mc Bean, Couva, 26, national athlete and fitness coach
• Marissa Mahadeo, Miss Roystonia, Couva, 26, teacher
• Halle Crawford, Miss Maraval, 19, bank employee
• Maya Cozier, Miss St Ann’s, 25, film maker
• Aliyah Fraser, Miss Chaguanas, 20, currently pursuing a BA in English.
Source: www.guardian.co.tt (Radhica De Silva)