The Public Transport Service Corporation(PTSC) says it has taken steps to ensure the safety of their commuters and employees.
In a press release, they stated, "as a result of the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in this country the PTSC is implementing preventative measures by the Ministry of Health guidelines to avoid the spread of the said virus on board its buses and at our terminals and offices."
The measures are as follows:
· Ensuring that all PTSC buses are properly sanitised before and after every trip.
· Ensuring that all buses are operated without air- condition. Windows will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate which will significantly reduce the spread of the virus.
· Installing hand sanitiser dispensers at all terminals.
· Ensuring that adequate supplies of soap are available in all washrooms.
· Providing hand sanitiser for all staff.
· Providing gloves for drivers and customer service representatives.
· Discouraging commuters who display flu-like symptoms from boarding our buses.