Galleons Passage

Galleons Passage to go into service next week

The Galleons Passage is finally in Trinidad and Tobago waters but it will be at least another week yet before the vessel, first announced to the country seven months ago, makes its first trip on the seabridge.

Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan told Guardian Media that the vessel will have to go through all the necessary customs and other clearances when it docks at the Port of Port-of-Spain.

Port Authority chairman Lyle Alexander told Guardian Media the Port was “still working” on the dredging for the Galleons Passage.

Galleons Passage on track to arrive Monday

The National Infrastructure Development Company (Nidco) says the Galleons Passage is on track to arrive in the country on Monday, one week from today.

Responding to questions from the T&T Guardian yesterday Nidco officials insisted that the vessel is scheduled to depart Cuba “according to schedule, to meet its arrival date.”

However, there was no response to queries on whether the installation of the canopy had been completed.

Imbert lays documents related to Galleons Passage in Parliament

Finance Minister Colm Imbert says he hopes misinformation about the Galleons Passage will finally be put to rest.

Today Minister Imbert laid all documents in the Parliament related to the acquisition of the vessel.

It comes just days after the Opposition moved a motion demanding all the information.

Pages