EMA says it will uphold Noise Pollution laws throughout Carnival

The Environmental Management Authority (EMA) is reminding the public and event promoters of the requirement to apply for, obtain and abide by a Noise Variation Permit where amplified sound equipment will be used.

The EMA says this legal requirement is in accordance with the Noise Pollution Control Rules (NPCR).

A Noise Variation Permit issued by the EMA sets out the sound levels that an event promoter is allowed to emit.