The Ministry of Education is advising that students of the Bishop Centenary College can return to school.
This follows reports that some students were being turned away for failure to pay the school's $500 maintenance fee.
A statement by the Ministry says that the Ministry and school administration have reached and an agreement and have further agreed to meet next week to discuss the matter.
The Ministry issued the following statement today:
Parents are renewing their call for Government to fix the railings of the Fifth Company Baptist Primary school, after a Standard Two pupil fell over it last week, fracturing his skull.
School officials said Tisean Alexis, eight, was sliding down the railings around midday last Wednesday when he fell. However, his mother Curlanne Charleau claims her son was pushed.
Alexis, who lives in St Mary’s Village, Moruga, remains warded at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex at Mt Hope. He suffered cuts on his face and a fracture to the left side of his skull.
A 12-year-old schoolgirl who police reported missing this morning, was at school when the report went out.
Police issued a statement Tuesday morning saying that they were seeking the public's help in finding 12-year-old schoolgirl Alisha Francis who had been reported missing by her mother, Portia Francis, on Monday 15th May, 2017.
However, the Ministry of Education confirmed to CNC3 that the Standard Five student of the Cumuto Government Primary School was at school.
There will be no change to the one-hour lunch break for primary school pupils.
This was the announcement yesterday by Education Minister, Anthony Garcia, who said, “It was generally agreed and accepted that at this stage, we cannot go along with that proposal.”
The decision was arrived at following a two-hour meeting with education stakeholders about the proposal to reduce the lunch hour by 30 minutes, as one way of reducing violence, indiscipline and injury among primary school pupils which was estimated to be between five and eight per cent.