With Venezuela entering its fifth day of an electrical blackout, Venezuelan ferries are operating as normal at the Cedros port.
Around 2 pm, over 50 Venezuelans were waiting to be processed.
An Immigration source said two large vessels, fully booked, docked in Cedros on Monday.
"A lot of vessels are registering right now for increased transportation. Due to power outrage in Venezuela, some paperwork could not be processed. We were expecting two more vessels but these could not be processed," the source added.
National Security officials are reporting that 15 vessels attempting to bring in Venezuelan nationals in this country were intercepted and stopped as they made their way to the coast of Matelot this afternoon.
Officials say Coast Guard and other officials were monitoring the coastline and spotted the vessels making their way to shore.
While some escaped, officials say 6 Venezuelans were arrested.
Minister of National Security Stuart Young has described a video showing what appears to be Venezuelan nationals being smuggled into this country, as disturbing.
But Minister Young says the authorities are working on increasing border protection.
The video is believed to have been shot in Los Iros.
It shows several people arriving by boat near a fishing village, making a dash inland with bags in their hands.
The boat then speeds off.
It is not clear when the video was shot but it began circulating on social media on Monday.
Three Trinidadian men and four Venezuelan nationals, three of whom are in this country illegally, are due to appear before a Siparia Magistrate today, jointly charged with possession of firearm and ammunition.
Six Venezuelans who were held in a raid one week ago at Rich Gold Hotel and Bar have been released on orders of supervision.
The six women were among 35 foreigners held during that exercise whom police are said to have suspected of prostitution but were not caught in the act.
It turns out those six women are in fact asylum seekers and during the court proceedings it was revealed the delay in their detention was due to the fact that Immigration could not confirm their identities.
The women were not pressed with any charges.
Six Venezuelan men were detained by police for illegally entering the country during a police exercise in Penal on Monday.
According to police reports the men were held by officers of the southwestern division task force, under the supervision of Snr. Sup. Neville Adams, during an exercise along Mohess road, Penal between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Reports say the men, who range from ages 20 and 35, were unable to provide proof of legal entry into this country.
They were handed over to the immigration officials who are expected to conduct further inquiries.
Two Venezuelan women are now in the custody of the Immigration Division, after being held by officers of the South Western Division, during an anti-crime exercise in the Penal district.
During the exercise, supervised by Sgt. Sheldon Ablacksingh, several drug blocks were searched between 2 am on Monday 4th June, 2018 and 7 am on Tuesday 5th June, 2018.
There, officers had cause to detain two women, whom they suspected of being in the country illegally.
Three Venezuelan nationals were arrested by officers of the South Western Division, during an anti-crime exercise in the South Oropouche district earlier this morning, police said in a statement Monday.
Whilst on patrol, officers conducted inquiries at the Blue Door Bar, Belle View, South Oropouche, around 2 am on Monday 21st May, 2018, when they had cause to detain two women, ages 25 and 30, and a 58-year-old man of Venezuela.
The immigrants were conveyed to the Fyzabad Police Station and subsequently handed over to officers of the Immigration Division.