Several temporary traffic disruptions can be expected as the Ministry of Works and Transport carries out road works across the country, over the next few weeks.
According to various advisories issued by the Ministry, the following temporary traffic disruptions are scheduled:
- Along Diego Martin Main Road from Pump Drive to Starlite Plaza, from Wednesday 15 July to Friday 14 August 2020, between the hours of 8:00 pm and 4:00 am. This is necessary in order to facilitate road rehabilitation works.
- Along the Eastern Main Road from the Tunapuna Market to Auzonville Bridge, Tunapuna, from Thursday 16 July to Saturday 19 September 2020, between the hours of 8:00 pm and 4:00 am. This is necessary in order to facilitate road rehabilitation and drainage works.
- Along the Railway Road, off the Eastern Main Road, Arouca, from Friday 17 July to Thursday 17 September 2020, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. This is necessary to facilitate road rehabilitation and drainage works.
The Ministry is asking motorists to comply with the following directives:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zones.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site, to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.